What can assistance be claimed for?

  • Assistance with the cost of trips / visits

  • Assistance with any other essential costs, as determined by the Supporting Achievement Panel

Who can apply?

  • Students in Year 7 – Year 11

Consideration will be given to students whose parents / carers meet one or more of the criteria listed below:

  • Eligible for free school meals
  • Experiencing temporary situations which are causing difficulty, for example, recent job loss, bereavement or other serious and unforeseen circumstances

How is it paid?

No money is to be paid direct to the parents / carers.


Letters regarding trips / visits / transition will make reference to the Supporting Achievement Fund, a Supporting Achievement Application Form must be completed to request help with funding.If your child is in receipt of Free School Meals then you can apply for funding support by completing an Enrichment Remuneration Request Form.

On receipt of such a request, a copy of this document will be forwarded along with an application form.

Applications will be processed on demand and parents/carers will get a verbal response from the school.

Applications will be considered by the Principal. The Principal will refer to previous assistance that the student has received, their individual circumstances, and their attendance levels.

It should be noted that there are limited funds available, therefore applications for smaller amounts are more likely to be successful than those for large amounts.

If the parent / carer is unhappy with the decision of the Principal, then they can appeal in writing within 5 working days to the Executive Principal. Should the parent / carer be unhappy with the decision of the Executive Principal, they can appeal in writing to the Chair of Governors within 5 working days. The Chair of Governor’s decision is final.

Supporting Achievement Fund Application Form